Sunday, January 30, 2011
Saturday, January 29, 2011
I made some pom-poms out of the same yarn, stitched together the white hearts with orange thread and a little stuffing in between, and cut hearts out of blue felt with pinking sheers. I attached blue felt heart to the white hearts (with glue!), and sewed buttons on to the blue hearts.
It makes a cute centerpiece for a valentine's day party!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Materials you'll need:
Pre-stretched canvas, ink pad, computer paper, scanner or photo copier, Sharpie, light table (or sunny window!), pencil, fabric, Plastic wrap, acrylic paint, brush, staple gun
- I bought 8"x10" pre stretched canvases from Michael's for about $5 each.
- Use an ink pad to make a thumbprint on to a piece of white paper. I used my scanner to enlarge the thumbprint until it filled the entire sheet of computer paper. I chose not to include the whole thumbprint, instead looked for the "most interesting" part.
- I needed to darken up, even simplify my image a bit...so I traced around the lines with a black Sharpie.
- I bought simple quilting fabric from Jo-Anne's (I was worried it may bleed, but it did fine) and cut it so that it was two inches bigger than my canvas all the way around.
- I used a light board so that I could see the image through the fabric. (**If you don't have one, place your fabric over the image and tape it up to a sunny window or sliding glass door.) You can use the light board to trace the image on to the fabric with pencil, then paint later...but I chose to skip that step and paint directly on to the fabric from the light board. If you do it this way, you will need to cover the paper image with a piece of plastic wrap because the paint will seep through the fabric.
- When you've completely transferred your image to the fabric, and the paint is dry, you can wrap it around your canvas. Stretch the fabric up and around the edges, wrap the corners like a package, and use a staple gun to attach at the wood strips on the back. Trim any excess fabric so that the canvas will lay flat against the wall surface.
The final product:
If you can trace....then you can totally handle this art project!
Thanks DNA11 for the 'Foxy Inspiration'!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
And a couple easy DIY cards made of things you probably have around the house!
Monday, January 24, 2011
A Super Bowl party is a perfectly acceptable time to send an electronic invite. I think pingg.com has the best ones out there. They offer great designs, and the ability to manage your rsvps and send reminders to your guests....free! For about $10 you can upgrade your account to receive more options!
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Saturday, January 22, 2011
I want one of these pillows from Cozyblue! It would make a great Valentine's Day gift!
They also offer this unique twist on the tradional family tree. I love it! Is it too early to start making my Christmas Wish list?
Friday, January 21, 2011
Check out the inaugral edition of ClickMagazine....great tips for photographing kids and food....and a little 'Foxy Inspiration' to get on your parka and capture the natural beauty of the winter months! Get clikin!